Rockgarden Homes in Ikorodu, Lagos needs the service of a Head Nurse. We have created a loving environment for aging seniors, where longevity is flavoured with an excellent quality of life. Rockgarden homes provides world-class, skilled, and compassionate care for the elderly, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week” Secure in the use of ever-evolving best evidence-based principles.
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 5 years
Job Field: Medical / Healthcare
Salary Range: ₦150,000 – ₦200,000/month
Application Deadline: March 22, 2023
The main function of the Head Nurse (HN) is to deputize for the Nursing Manager.
The HN will work as part of a team of professionals and medical staff that includes doctors, physiotherapists, and Home Care Assistants, providing care to aged adults in a Residential Setting.
- Providing holistic healthcare to senior citizens in a residential setting.
- Supervise Home Care Assistants and other junior staff.
- Fulfilling all reasonable requests from clients, to ensure their comfort, satisfaction and safety.
- Caring for and educating clients and their relatives about their medical diagnosis, as well as establishing trust and building rapport with clients and their families.
- You will consult with physicians, establish treatment plans, operate medical equipment and perform diagnostic checks and tests.
- Daily monitoring and recording of patrons’ conditions and vital signs
- Documenting daily care services and medication management
- Escorting clients to appointments (doctor, physical therapy, hair salon, etc.)
- Maintains, evaluates, and interprets cumulative health data to accommodate the individual needs of clients.
- Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy patient environment by following aseptic standards and procedures; maintaining security precautions; following prescribed dietary requirements and nutrition standards. · S/He will assist older adults with daily tasks such as personal grooming, dressing, and feeding.
- Ability and willingness to help lift patients into and out of their beds, chairs, or bathtubs if required.
- Help patrons care for themselves by teaching the use of walkers, frames, special utensils to eat, special techniques and equipment for personal hygiene.
- Supervise junior staff to ensure thorough cleaning and sanitizing of clients’ rooms and the work environment to maintain excellent standards of cleanliness.
- You must be willing and motivated to work extra hours in unusual periods of increased work demands and may be assigned other tasks as management decides.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- BNSc, RN, BS or Diploma in nursing. PPN, BLS, and ACLS will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years of practice experience as a registered nurse in a clinical setting.
- Full registration and affiliation with relevant professional bodies with the knowledge, ability and experience of caring for older adults.
- Ability to use electronic medical software.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- A compassionate, caring, and patient nature.
- Pleasant personality, team player, with good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in both written and spoken information.
- A flexible and highly adaptable approach to work.
- Attention to detail and proactive problem-solving skills.
- Ability to provide first aid during medical emergencies, such as heart attacks, strokes, etc.
- Proven management and administrative experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of more than one major Nigerian language will be an added advantage.
Willingness and ability to work 20 days in the facility in a month. Accommodation is available onsite.
Salary: ₦120,000.00 – ₦170,000.00 per month
INTERVIEW DATE – 25TH OF MARCH 2023
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email.