About Anadach Group
Anadach Group Anadach – Our client provides dialysis services and aims to deliver quality, compassionate, affordable healthcare services through an integrated clinical practice approach.
As a result of expansion and strategic initiatives aimed at delivering increased value to patient experience, career opportunities exist for high-performing professionals that can contribute to a rapidly growing organization in the capacity below:
Job Title: Renal Nursing Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- The dialysis nurse will be responsible for overseeing dialysis treatments required by patients suffering from acute or chronic kidney failure.
- The duties include and are not limited to checking and recording patients’ vitals, ensuring that dialysis machines are set up correctly, collecting pre-treatment dialysis data, reviewing patient records prior to dialysis, conducting pre-dialysis patient assessment and tests, and delivering the patient treatment under the supervision of the Head Nurse.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring that haemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis treatments are administered to patients correctly.
- Monitoring patients during dialysis treatment to identify any adverse reactions.
- Preparing and updating nursing care plans.
- Promptly notifying the appropriate medical practitioner of any problems that occur during dialysis treatments.
- Working with the Dialysis Technicians to ensure that dialysis machines and equipment are set up correctly.
- Teaching patients and their family members how to operate home dialysis machines should they decide on home dialysis therapy.
- Educating patients on dialysis treatment options, kidney disease management, as well as suitable nutrition and exercise regimens.
- Ensure uniformity and promptness in the delivery of professional and efficient nursing services to patients.
- As the first point of contact, receive, prioritize and direct patients appropriately.
- Conduct and input information on patients ’vital signs and procedures into the EMR system, register and relevant forms.
- Monitor, record and report symptoms and changes in patients’ conditions while under observation.
- Engage patients for obtaining data on their circumstances in relation to diets and lifestyle for Doctors’ information.
- Identify accurately potential health risks confronting the patient for Doctors’ information.
- Assist Doctors in suturing procedures and to set up lines for admitted patients under observation.
- Observe admitted patients regularly, checking vital signs and administering medications to patients in line with Doctor’s prescription.
- Distribute as required, issued medical brochures and relevant medical information to ensure patients are well informed about topics such as childbirth, disease prevention and sexual health.
- Prepare patients for physical examinations, observations, urinalysis, procedures, treatment and pre-employment screenings.
- Orchestrate various procedures such as wound dressing, incision and draining, injection administration, vaccinations, ear piercing, ear syringing and suture removal.
- Administer patients’ health checklist(s).
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of patients’ medical history, vital signs conducted procedures.
- Prepare examination rooms and sterilize medical instruments before and after us
- Prepare daily immunization report
- Conduct and input information on patients ’vital signs and procedures into the EMR system, register and relevant forms
- Co-operatively work with colleagues to maintain a professional learning culture.
- Flexibly work in all units within the department and/or clinic such as screening section, wellness clinic, specialist clinics, travel clinic, general practice, documentation and pharmacy.
- Liaise with the accounts officer to generate list and rates of stock items to be procured/replenished.
- Carry out such other related duties as assigned to the nursing team
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Renal Nursing. (Additional qualification or any other relevant additional degree would be an advantage)
- Minimum of 5 years post-qualification experience covering different aspects of nursing, especially dialysis care.
Key Competencies and Attributes:
- Good documentation ability to prepare high quality summaries and reports
- Computer literate (previous experience in use of electronic medical record system would be an asset)
- Be able to respectfully motivate and lead a team/ work with minimal supervision
- Be able to negotiate and handle end-to-end procurement
- Diligent and hardworking
- Detail oriented and ability to multitask
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good team player with proven organizational and administrative skills
- An uncompromising focus on excellent service delivery
- Should be pleasant, patient and honest.
Application Closing Date
1st June 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as subject of email.