The School of Psychiatric Nursing (SOPN) of Federal Neuro-Psychiatric Hospital, Benin City hereby invites all eligible candidates to apply for admission into the Post Basic Course in Mental Health & Psychiatric Nursing for the 2023/2024 academic session.
Prospective candidates are requested to note the following:
A. PROGRAMME AVAILABLE
Post Basic Course in Mental Health & Psychiatric Nursing
B. ELIGIBILITY INTO THE PROGRAMME
- Prospective candidates must possess RN Certificate of the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria with at least ONE YEAR post qualification experience, NYSC for BNSC degree holders, and a current practicing license. Other nursing qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Applicants must possess WAEC/NECO/GCE O/L with at least five (5) credits in not more than two (2) sittings.
- NABTEB Secondary School Certificate in Science Subjects with at least five (5) credits at a maximum of two sittings that must not be combined with WAEC/ GCE or NECO.
Note: The credits must include: English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, and Physics
C. DURATION OF THE PROGRAMME
The duration of the course is eighteen (18) months
D. METHODS OF APPLICATION
Applications are to be made, stating both their educational and professional qualifications, NYSC status (if applicable), and should be accompanied with Photostat copies of credentials, two (2) recent passport photographs on white background, email address, phone numbers and evidence of payment of a non-refundable application fee of Ten thousand naira (N10,000.00) only which can be paid at the hospital’s Revenue Unit or into the Hospital’s Treasury Single Account (TSA).
In addition, visit the hospital website @ www.fnphbenin.gov.ng
E. PAYMENT INFORMATION
- Applicants can pay directly into the Hospital’s Account under the service type: Hospital Services Revolving Fund Account using Remita platform in any commercial bank in Nigeria Account Name: Federal Psychiatric Hospital, Benin City Account No: 0040201161047
- Payment can also be made at the hospital’s Revenue Unit
The application should be forwarded to:
School of Psychiatric Nursing,
Federal Neuro-Psychiatric Hospital,
P.M.B. 1108, Benin City.
Via Email to email@example.com
F. CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION AND SUBMISSION
Deadline for application for the 2023/2024 academic session is six (6) weeks from the date of this publication (Wednesday, 12 April 2023). Please, note that all shortlisted candidates will sit for an examination and interview on a date to be communicated to them later.
For enquiry: Contact the hospital’s GSM Number: 08158370392
Mr. S.O. Okolo
Principal, School of Psychiatric Nursing